Out of State - Initial GA Certification

Certification Requirements for Educators Seeking Initial Georgia Certification with an Out-Of-State Certificate

  • Register for a MyPSC account at with the Georgia Professional Standards Commission at gapsc.com using your personal email address.

  • Complete an Initial Certificate and License Application (this can be done through your MyPSC account or at HR appointment with CCPS)

  • Complete the Verification of Lawful Presence form (must be notarized/complete at HR appointment)

  • Copy of Driver’s License or federally issued picture ID.

  • GaPSC Experience Verification Form

  • Previous 5 years of satisfactory performance evaluations (if not included on Experience Verification form)

  • Copy of professional out of state certificate or Approved Program Completion Form.

  • Copy of official score report(s) for any content/subject area assessments that you were required to take for your out of state certificate.

  • Official transcripts from all colleges attended sent to [email protected].

  • Review the Code of Ethics for Educators here.

  • Complete the Educator Ethics GACE (test code 360) if less than 3 years of educator experience.

For more information on reciprocating an out of state certificate, please click here.